We know from the beginning Gods desire for mankind was to have an intimate relationship and for us to live in the Garden Of Eden type blessed life. Adam messed it up, but Jesus restored it for us. It is still Gods desire we live and have an intimate relationship with God and its Gods desire we live an amazing blessed life here on Earth.
The purpose of the blessings, and the blessed life is to be a blessings to others and to be actively building the Kingdom of God here. We are blessed to be a blessing.
Prosperity was never created to selfish ambition and selfish consumption. Prosperity was to show the world how amazing God is and how everyone should come into this saving Grace and knowledge.
Blessings was to be advertising to the world. Look at how great our God is.
There are times that in order to stay in the blessings you will have to battle. The battle is not for the blessings, the battle is to stay in the blessings.
One of the first things you have to understand is the Blessed Life is and must be a life style. Its not a when ever you feel like it. Those that walked with Jesus and worked beside Him lived in the Blessed Life, but they adversities, they had oppositions, they had battles.
Many people have a wrong concept of Blessed. We think we will get to a place and arrive and everything is going to be so perfect, no stress, no battles.
Look at Jesus, he had to escape for his life, many tried to trap him. They conspired against him. His own betrayed him. On and on we see the Blessed Life involves battles.
Its not easy, but its worth it.
““When you go out to battle against your enemies and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt, is with you. When you approach the battle, the priest shall come forward and speak to the people, and shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Israel: you are advancing today to battle against your enemies. Do not lack courage. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble [in terror] before them, for the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’” DEUTERONOMY 20:1-4 AMP
God gave them the promise land but there were still battles that had to be fought. There are battles of faith and believing. Battles against fears, and unbelief. There physical battles, emotional battles, financial battles, spiritual battles.
The promise land was given to them by God but they still to go battle and possess the promise land.
The caption in the Bible for this chapter is called The Law Of Warfare.
You must face and show up to the battle. When you go out, means you gotta meet things face to face. Hiding and running from things will not possess what God has for you. Go out to battle, yes there will be battles. Christianity paints this sugar fairy everything is going to perfect and wonderful. The Blessed Life is Amazing, we have everything we need to win. God said He won, we just need to have faith and show up and battle and possess the Blessings.
2. Battle against your enemies. You and I have enemies.
3. And SEE horseless, chariots, and people, STOP. How you see the things you have to battle will determine if you win or run.
When Goliath was shouting out King Saul and the whole army of Israel stood afraid and immobilized. They could not even face him because of how they seen him. David shows up and sees the same thing, he hears the threats and sees the giant but he responds so differently. His response is so different because he was hearing and seeing some one defiling His God. They all seen huge scary killer problem, fear,fear,fear. David seen God disrespected and David seen opportunity.
We will face battles and what’s going to determine our victory is what’s in us, in our hearts and head. Two is what weapons are we relying on or using.
4. Don’t be afraid of them. Fear is one of the most destructive forces in us and our world. Fear is not real. It’s a product of the thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice. Jack Canfield said,” Everything you want is on the other side of fear. Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. F. E. A. R. Has two meanings, FORGET EVERYTHING AND RUN OR FACE EVERYTHING AND RISE. THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
5. Remind yourself of past victories, when God came thru. For the Lord your God who brought you up out of Egypt. David when facing Goliath reminded himself God was with me when I killed the bear. God was with me when I killed the lion. This is nothing, God will be with me here also. Talking victories stirs up your faith and courage. Talking failure and losses stirs up fear and hopelessness. Get ahold of your tongue.
6. God is with you!!!! If you do not develop a deeper relationship more than just a service a week. Christianity is a relationship daily and it’s a life style. The more you walk and talk with God and His Word the stronger the relationship will be. You will know that when you face battles You know without a shadow of doubt THAT YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU, HE WILL NOT LEAVE YOU AND HE WILL NOT FORSAKE YOU. YOU WILL STAND YOUR GROUND AND BATTLE AND WHEN BECAUSE JESUS WON ALREADY.
7. Hear it again. God speaks over and over to us to ensure we get the message. God spoke I am with you. But then He says before you go to battle, the PRIEST SPEAKS. BATTLES ARE NEVER MEANT FOR YOU TO FIGHT ALONE. We are a team and family. The priest is two fold for today. Holy Spirit was given to us for us to help us. God said He would guide and teach us truth. Holy Spirit is our spiritual priest. Then you have me. The purpose of priest and pastors is to teach Gods ways.
““Then [in the final time] I will give you [spiritual] shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and [true] understanding.” JEREMIAH 3:15 AMP
“And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.” Jeremiah 3:15 KJV
8. Reminder: “and shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Israel: you are advancing today to battle against your enemies. Do not lack courage. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble [in terror] before them, for the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’” DEUTERONOMY 20:3-4 AMP
Many because they do not know God, they know of Him from Sunday school but do not have an intimate relationship don’t see God fighting for then, they see Him fighting against them to destroy them. The enemy planted a lie in their thoughts and they can not see the truth because of a lie. God is on our side. To fight for us AND SAVE US. GOD JUST WANTS TO SAVE US. This is why He sent Jesus to be our Saviour. A Saviour saves. Salvation is for saving us.
The battles and battlefield there are three realms. Outside of us. The world, at work, we will be tested and fight battles in the physical realms. Your faced with the death of a loved one, or a health challenge, people spreading lies and gossip about you. Financial challenges, on the job or business. This battle and battle field is the most basic there is. Still we will face physical battles in the physical world.
Physical world outside of us. Enemy spiritual dimension. Bible says yes we have an enemy an adversary called Satan. This is a spiritual force that hates God, Good, Love, Peace. This is the battle you can see with your eyes. You can only see this realm in the Spirit. You have the realm where you can see, the realm where you cannot see. Here is where these battles face off. The battles on your outside and the ones that are spiritual try to get inside of this strategic fortress called your heart. The battles we face the first two are outside of you, but the goal is for them to get inside of your mind and heart. The battlefield is for your mind and heart.
Depression, bitterness, unforgivness, hatred, confusion, selfish, loneliness, isolation, anger, negative, lust, envy, jealousy, murder, additions, abuses, etc……
“The weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood]. Our weapons are divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying sophisticated arguments and every exalted and proud thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought and purpose captive to the obedience of Christ,” 2 CORINTHIANS 10:4-amp
The enemy is so jealous of us. We have this life, The Blessed Life. The goal of the enemy is to cause people to not have it. To the loose the battle and let hated, hurt, bitterness, unforgivness get control of people mind and hearts. This why and how people self sabotage and destroy the Blessed Life.
Commitment beyond circumstances.
The Blessed Life, battle for it.