A practical theology that produces results for your life. Nobody really wants Christianity, no matter how true it is, if they can’t get it to work. We many times Limit ourselves by what we think is possible.
Illustration: 1983 Cliff Young set a new record for the 600KM race which is about 372.8 miles in Australia. He not only broke the record, he shattered it by 36 hours. Here is the crazy part, he was 61 years old when he did it. Cliff Young was not a world class athlete. He was a farmer who didn’t realize that what he was doing was impossible.
The biggest limitations in our lives is what we think is possible. Most of our limitations are self- imposed.
“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us”. Ephesians 3:20 KJV
TAKING THE IMPOSSIBLE TO THE POSSIBLE.
1. ABLE: Having the skill to, qualified, dormant ability or power not yet come to pass. Potential power and unrealized potential.
2. DO: Perform, carry out, fulfill, bring to pass, God’s Will is He will do.
3. EXCEEDINGLY: To go beyond the limits, surpass, outdo, greater, limitless.
4. ABUNDANTLY: Superabundant in quantity, excess, superfluous( more than needed), excessive.
5. BEYOND: Farther than, outside the reach of what you think is a possibility, more than.
6. ASK: Desire or a craving one is willing to sacrifice for.
7. THINK: To form in the mind, a belief, to expect, resolve, intend, mental concentration, meditations. He is able to do what we think, then add to it.
8. Imagine (Moffett) Creating a picture that has never been seen before, meditation, creating a mentality that has never been seen before. It will take a dominant thought and make it come to pass. Meditation is the key to transforming your Personal Belief System.
9. ACCORDING: Agreement, harmony, capacity.
10. POWER: Miracle power of influence, ability, energy, abundance, might.
11. AT WORK IN US: Gods finished work is active in you, presently. What is working in you, fear, faith, love, hate, success, failure, etc.
GOD IS ABLE TO DO, ABLE TO DO WHAT WE ASK, ABLE TO DO WHAT WE THINK, ABLE TO DO WHAT WE ASK OR THINK, ABLE TO DO ABOVE WHAT WE ASK OR THINK, ABLE TO DO ABUNDANTLY ABOVE WHAT WE ASK OR THINK, ACCORDING TO HIS POWER AT WORK IN US PRESENTLY.
Our limits have nothing to do really with God. It everything about us and our thinking, our heart, our personal belief system that cause our limitations.
This teaches that God does not release all of this abundance independent of you, but through what you think, imagine and conceive in accordance with what His finished work has already accomplished in you.
When your thinking is renewed to this understanding, the limits of God’s provision are removed from your life. Living a life without limits is about coming face to face with barriers and busting them. God takes what you create as dominant thoughts and exceeds them.
“And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].” ROMANS 12:2 AMP
How do we apply the Romans 12:2 principles to change our thinking, renew our minds, establish our hearts and transform our personal belief systems.
4 PRINCIPLES 1. Do not be conformed to this world’s system 2. Be transformed to the Kingdom’s system 3. By the renewing of your mind 4. And, prove (recognize and seize) the will of God.
These principles form a pattern to help us recognize our new identity in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation.”
You and I are given a new Spiritual DNA, and we became a new species of being. What you once were on longer exists in your Spirit. Your body and makeup remain the same. “Old things have passed away, the old is gone. The new is come.
Shift from trying to live for Him alone and now living through Him and His finished work. This is the real encounter that gives people a new spirit, a new nature, and a new destiny. YOUR SPIRIT IS NEW, BUT YOUR MIND AND HEART MUST BE RENEWED TO IT.
WE BECOME BORN AGAIN, A NEW PERSON, A NEW CREATION. PROBLEM IS WHEN YOU BECOME A NEW CREATION, people tend to operate out of their old identity. If you don’t see yourself as a new person.
You are new. Our old nature old self, old habits, old thought processes is nothing more than the habits of the flesh. The key is to renew your mind and heart to God’s system. We are New Creations, but we have to crucify the flesh or dying to self. When I die to self i do not have relationship with my old self, my old identity. When i realize this, i now recognize who “God made me to be. My new nature gives me a new image of my new life. It is a shift in perspective to see the real truth. I AM A NEW CREATION WITH OLD HABITS, OLD NEGATIVE THINKING, ETC.
4 WAYS TO A RENEWED MIND AND AN ESTABLISHED HEART
This is a process and it must be intentional on your part. People say if God its God’s Will then it will happen or be. Not true. Faith without works is dead or inoperative. There will always be things we have to do in order to receive what God has for us.
In the 1960’s Dr. Maxwell Malta pioneer reconstructive, cosmetic surgeon. Here is what he discovered, no matter how beautiful and changed he made on a persons outside they most of time continued to live with a belief as if they never got the surgery. Changing the outside did not create transformation inside or outside. He began to work more on the inside for real transformation. He wrote a book and is considered the father of “Psycho-Cybernetics.”
The central key to transforming your life—-IDEAS AND ACTIONS CONTRARY TO A PERSON’S CORE VALUE SYSTEM (SPIRIT) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OR ACTED UPON IF THEY ARE CONTRARY TO A PERSON’S PERSONAL BELIEF SYSTEM (SOUL).
“Above all else, guard your heart, for out of it flow the issues (boundaries) of life. Proverbs 4:23
How this works. I say prayer works, it can change you, your family and city. Yes, you nod your head as if to say you believe. But in your core belief you prayed for someone in the past for healing and they died, so you believe deep down you did not get the results you wanted so your prayer life is not consistent.
Giving, tithing bibles says give and you shall receive. It says as a man sows so shall he reap. You are nodding your head and agreeing but in your belief system you see giving as taking from you, see people who gave and still struggling. What ever our belief are they control how we respond to things. It does not matter what the Word says. It is what we believe.
4 C’S TO APPLY ROMANS 12:2 Understanding the source of our thinking.
1. The first is Cognitive dissonance: means mental discord. We all have created mindsets, set-points, and expectations in our lives. Many people cant seem to break certain limitations because of similar cognitive dissonance they have experienced in life. Cognitive dissonance means duality or double in our thinking. James 1: 6-8. Double minded. Your mind, will, emotions, and imaginations are going back and forth in opinion or purpose and creating doubt. A divided heart. This is where people get stuck and stay fixed in the way they are. If they try to change they self sabotage their lives. Way to stop double minded. COGNITIVE RESTRUCTURING: 2 STEPS EMOTIONAL IMPLANTATION, REPETITIONS.
2. CONFESSION: “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall read [and meditate on] it day and night, so that you may be careful to do [everything] in accordance with all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will be successful.” JOSHUA 1:8
SELF-TALK. 95% of your emotions are created by the way you talk to yourself. If you just confess 10% goes into your BS, if you confess with imagination about 55% goes in BS, if you confess with imagination, and emotions, 100% goes into your BS… Confession alone will not transform you. Confession with Imagination will. Imagination is the ability to see without limitations. To see yourself in your mind in a way that is aligned with His Truth. CONFESSION PLUS IMAGINING, IMAGES OF WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR LIFE AND FUTURE. REPEATEDLY DOING THIS WILL ALLOW THE CONSCIOUS MIND TO GIVE THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND A NEW TRUTH. CONFESSION PLUS IMAGINATION DO IT WITH EMOTION. FEELINGS MOVE FASTER THAN THOUGHTS. What is in our heart can be discerned by what comes out of our mouth. This affects what we believe, feel, and do. Positive or negative, failure or success.
CONFESS the truth of God’s Word, picture yourself according to the truth and say and feel the emotions of the goal or result as a finished reality. This is calling the things that are not as though they were. Romans 4:17
3. Consistency: Repetition is the key to all learning. Repeatedly think a new thought till it becomes a habitual way of thinking.
4. Conation: means to make an effort or to pursue a think or to act on what is known. If you desire something then you must go after it.
“Jesus replied, “Have faith in God [constantly]. I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea!’ and does not doubt in his heart [in God’s unlimited power], but believes that what he says is going to take place, it will be done for him [in accordance with God’s will]. For this reason I am telling you, whatever things you ask for in prayer [in accordance with God’s will], believe [with confident trust] that you have received them, and they will be given to you.” MARK 11:22-24 AMP