Pentecost Sunday 2020 is observed on the seventh Sunday after Easter and 10 days after Ascension.
Today is the day the Christian churches celebrate the Empowerment by the Holy Spirit.
Today’s Christians many miss out on this great gift and helper from God to help us, fill us, guide us, remind us, and empower us to overcome and be victorious in this life.
I think is because many in the CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT HAVE MADE THE HOLY SPIRITS PRESENCE SPOOKY, WEIRD, AND CRAZY IN APPLICATION.
THE PRESENCE AND INDWELLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS LIKE THE SUPER CHARGER HIGH OCTAIN GAS FOR LIKE RACE CARS. THERE IS LOW GRADE GAS TO JUST RUN YOUR CAR AND THEN THERE A GRADE THAT IS SUPER HIGH GRADE OCTAIN. THIS IS SUPER CHARGER, SUPER POWER.
I WANT YOU TO SEE THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THIS WAY.
JESUS WAS SHARING WITH HIS DISCIPLES, PREPARING THEM FOR HIS DEPARTURE. THEY WERE HEART BROKEN BECAUSE THEY DID NOT TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE PLAN OF GOD.
GOD HAD THIS WHOLE GREAT PLAN FOR MANKIND. GOD GAVE HIS ONLY SON TO PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE AND SACRIFICE FOR OUR SINS. JESUS PREACHED, TAUGHT, GATHERED A GROUP OF DISCIPLES TO CARRY HIS VISION AND MISSION INTO THE WORLD.
JESUS HAD TO DIE, RISE AND LEAVE IN ORDER FOR THE REST OF GODS PLAN TO BE SET IN MOTION. JESUS COULD NOT STAY HERE.
“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever—”
John 14:16 AMP
I want you to see the different roles of God. The FATHER GOD. HE IS THE CREATOR, HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE. HE IS THE SOURCE OF ALL THINGS.
THE FATHER RELEASED APART OF HIMSELF TO BECOME VISUAL TO MANKIND. JESUS WAS GOD IN FLEASH. JESUS WAS GOD IN HUMAN FORM ON THE EARTH. GODS SPIRIT SO THAT MAN COULD SEE AND BE WITH GOD.
THE FATHER & SON BOTH WORKING TOGETHER TO HELP RESTORE THE RELATIONSHIP OF MANKIND BACK WITH GOD.
JESUS PAID FOR THE SINS OF MANKIND AND SALVATION WAS BOUGHT AND PAID BY JESUS. HE LOVES HIS DISCIPLES BUT HE HAS TO LEAVE. HE COMFORTS HIS DISCIPLES AND SHARES THIS WITH THEM.
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever—
John 14:16 AMP
JESUS COMFORT HIS DISCIPLES AND SAYS HE WILL ASK FATHER GOD TO SEND ANOTHER HELPER. JESUS WAS OUR HELPER UP TO THIS POINT, BUT ITS ABOUT TO CHANGE.
HE (GOD THE FATHER) WILL GIVE YOU, US ANOTHER HELPER.
THIS IS WHO THE HOLY SPIRIT IS FOR US. NOT THIS CRAZY, WEIRD, OFF THE WALL SPIRIT.
HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR HELPER SENT BY THE FATHER BECAUSE JESUS ASKED FOR US NOT TO BE LEFT ALONE.
HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR HELPER: Holy Spirit means in original Greek, “Called to ones side, Helper.”
1. COMFORTER: Someone who comforts: a person or thing that makes someone feel less worried, upset, frightened, etc.
2. ADVOCATE: A person (as a lawyer) who works and argues in support of another’s cause especially in court. To plead in favor of. Synonyms like champion, white knight. ADVOCATE mean to favor actively one that meets opposition.
SUPPORT is least explicit about the nature of the assistance given. UPHOLD implies extended support given to something attacked. ADVOCATE stresses urging or pleading. BACK suggests supporting by lending assistance to one failing or falling. CHAMPION suggests publicly defending one unjustly attacked or too weak to advocate his or her own cause.
3. INTERCESSOR: the act of interceding, prayer, petition, or entreaty in favor of another. INTERCEDE: to intervene between parties with a view to reconciling differences : MEDIATE INTERCEDE MEANS acting for an offender in begging mercy or forgiveness. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR PRAYER COVERING INTERVENING BETWEEN GOD AND US WHEN WE BLOW IT. HE IS ALSO INTERVENING BETWEEN GOD AND THE ENEMY WHEN HE ACCUSES US. SATAN IS CALLED THE ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN. SATAN ACCUSES BUT JESUS SAYS PAID SET THEM FREE.
4. COUNSELOR: a person who gives advice or counseling and advice. We run to people so fast and yet here is the one God the Father sent to us to help us. Anything from family, finances, business, health, direction, guidance, marriage, etc.
5. STRENGTHENER: to make (someone or something) stronger, more forceful, more effective, etc. Synonyms like, beef up, fortify, harden and toughen. Holy Spirit is here to develop your powerful self. Suck it up, HOLY SPIRIT TAKE US TO YOUR GYM. I REMEMBER WHEN I HAD THE STROKE. ALL THESE THINGS WERE PUSHING ME DOWN. BEING FORCED OUT OF HILTON. MOVING THE CHURCH ACROSS TOWN. SEARCHING FOR A LOCATION, MANY SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, CRYING BEFORE GOD, WEAK, TIRED, FIGHTING THE THOUGHTS OF GIVE UP. STRESS WAS SO CRAZY. NOT KNOWING ANYTHING, NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. THEN IT BREAKS TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. COMMERCIAL AND THIS ONE. PRESSURE WAS INTENSE. MY MIND FIGHTING THE STRESS, THOUGHTS OF HAVING A HEART ATTACK. I GET A REAL SENSE OF PEACE TO GO INTO CONTRACT HERE. PAID THE WHOLE MONTH TO START OUR CONTRACT THEN, CORONA VIRUS AND NOW STRESS PAYING MONTHS, BELIEVING OUR CHURCH WOULD HOLD TOGETHER, STAY STRONG, CONNECTED, ETC. I WAS IN HOLY SPIRIT BOOT CAMP. TRAINING BABY. EVERYONE WANTS THE TOP POSITIONS BUT ITS THE TESTS AND TRAINING THAT DEVELOPS YOUR FAITH, CHARACTER, BELIEF. HOLY SPIRIT BEEF US UP.
6. STANDBY: a person or thing that is available especially in emergencies. One that is held in reserve ready for use : SUBSTITUTE TO BE WITH YOU FOREVER.
the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart] because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.
John 14:17 AMP
Holy Spirit of Truth is to be taken to heart. He remains with you continually and will be in you. God said He would never leave us nor forsake us.
Jesus said it:
teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.
Matthew 28:20 AMP
God our Father and Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us because the HOLY SPIRIT WHICH IS APART OF THEM IS SENT TO BE WITH US FOREVER.
I CAN NEVER BE LONELY. I CAN NEVER BE ABANDONED. I CAN NEVER BE ALONE.
I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, bereaved, and helpless]; I will come [back] to you.
John 14:18 AMP
My father is coming back for us, but till then HE PUT IS NAME ON US. WE HAVE BEEN ADOPTED INTO HIS FAMILY. HE IS OUR GOD, HE IS OUR JESUS, HE IS OUR HOLY SPIRIT ALL THE TIME FOREVER, NEVER TO LEAVE US, NEVER TO ABANDON US.
HE HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR COMFORTER, ADVOCATE, INTERCESSOR, COUNSELOR, STRENGTHENER, AND STANDBY. HE IS HEAR FOREVER TO HELP US TILL WE ARE REUNITED WITH FATHER AND JESUS.
I have told you these things while I am still with you.
John 14:25 AMP
But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.
John 14:26 AMP
Peace I leave with you; My [perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.]
John 14:27 AMP
I assure you and most solemnly say to you, anyone who believes in Me [as Savior] will also do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these [in extent and outreach], because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in My name [ as My representative], this I will do, so that the Father may be glorified and celebrated in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name [as My representative], I will do it. “If you [really] love Me, you will keep and obey My commandments.
John 14:12-15 AMP